Topic: maximum size of files (1 of 3), Read 48 times
Conf: VEDIT Sales and Info
Date: Saturday, January 06, 2007 05:45 AM

The website home page says vedit can edit "even 100+ Gigabytes" then further down says "huge 100+ megabyte files"

So which is it; Megabytes or gigabytes?

Steve

Topic: maximum size of files (2 of 3), Read 50 times
Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 03:41 AM

On 1/6/2007 5:45:40 AM, Steve Rawling wrote:
>The website home page says vedit can edit "even 100+
>Gigabytes" then further down says "huge 100+ megabyte
>files"
>
>So which is it; Megabytes or gigabytes?

I think the web page originally said 100+ Megabytes. Then, when Vedit Pro64 was introduced, it was changed to 100+ Gigabytes in the first chapter, but they forgot to change the other place.

Standard (32 bit) Vedit can handle files up to 2 gigabytes. Vedit Pro 64 can handle files of virtually unlimited size.

I thing this should be clarified in the web page, e.g.
"... even 100+ Gigabytes (Vedit Pro 64)".

BTW, the page "Huge File Editing" still talks about Vedit Pro 64 as beta version. I thought it has been a released version for some time already. Ted?

--
Pauli

Topic: Re: maximum size of files (3 of 3), Read 49 times
Date: Friday, January 12, 2007 01:09 PM

At 03:42 AM 1/10/2007, you wrote:
>I think the web page originally said 100+ Megabytes. Then, when Vedit Pro64 was introduced, it was changed to 100+ Gigabytes in the first chapter, but they forgot to change the other place.
>
>Standard (32 bit) Vedit can handle files up to 2 gigabytes. Vedit Pro 64 can handle files of virtually unlimited size.
>
>I thing this should be clarified in the web page, e.g.
>"... even 100+ Gigabytes (Vedit Pro 64)".
>
>BTW, the page "Huge File Editing" still talks about Vedit Pro 64 as beta version. I thought it has been a released version for some time already. Ted?

Both fixed. Thank you for pointing it out.

Ted.