Topic: Possible enhancement of File_Open( ) (1 of 3), Read 36 times
Conf: VEDIT Suggestions
Date: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 06:27 AM

Hello,

I would need a Command implementing the {File }{More}{Open in horizontal..} menu command.

I have been looking at File_Open( ) in the online help. I did find quite a few OPTIONS, but not this one. May be all that I need is a combination of them?

Thanks,

-peter.

Topic: Re: Possible enhancement of File_Open( ) (2 of 3), Read 36 times
Date: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 10:19 AM

At 06:27 AM 6/8/2004, you wrote:
>I would need a Command implementing the {File }{More}{Open in horizontal..} menu command.
>
>I have been looking at File_Open( ) in the online help. I did find quite a few OPTIONS, but not this one. May be all that I need is a combination of them?

It is internally implemented by something similar to:

Get_Filename(121,"*")
#121=Win_Free Buf_Switch(Buf_Free) Win_Split(#121,0,BOTTOM)
File_Open("|@(121)") Win_Attach(#121)

Ted.

Topic: Re: Possible enhancement of File_Open( ) (3 of 3), Read 32 times
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2004 04:38 PM

On 6/8/2004 10:19:47 AM, Ted Green wrote:
>At 06:27 AM 6/8/2004, you
>wrote:
>>I would need a Command implementing the {File }{More}{Open in horizontal..} menu command.
>>
>>I have been looking at File_Open( ) in the online help. I did find quite a few OPTIONS, but not this one. May be all that I need is a combination of them?
>
>It is internally implemented
>by something similar to:
>
>Get_Filename(121,"*")
>#121=Win_Free
>Buf_Switch(Buf_Free)
>Win_Split(#121,0,BOTTOM)
>File_Open("|@(121)")
>Win_Attach(#121)

Thanks Ted:

This idea works great for me!

Now, I am back with another issue. According to the recent enhancement, Vedit opens my file in the "file sharing mode", a per the online help. Of course, I want my latex compiler to overwrite my .log file, which I have opened in Vedit in the horizontal window.

Next, I would like to have a shortcut for pressing the [Reload] button in the Reload dialog box. In other words, I would like to choose the [Auto-reload if bigger..] button instead.

My problem is that apparently my .log file does not meet the "bigger" requirement. In other words if I press the [Auto-reload ...] button, my updated .log file will not be loaded.

Thanks,

-peter.