Topic: Hide the temporary files (1 of 2), Read 21 times
Conf: VEDIT Suggestions
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 09:29 AM

When a file is opened, Vedit creates one or two tmp files in the same directory.
These files make the directory listing messy (especially since it is not possible to filter them out using wildcards).
Would it be possible to set the Hidden attribute for the temporary files?
Then the user could choose from folder options not to show hidden files.

Further, I wonder if it would be possible to create the tmp file only when the user actually modifies the file?
Even better if the file would be initially in Fast Browse Mode. Attempt to do any changes to the file would then change it into R/W mode and create the tmp files.

Topic: Re: Hide the temporary files (2 of 2), Read 23 times
Conf: VEDIT Suggestions
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:36 AM

At 09:30 AM 6/10/2008, you wrote:
>From: "Pauli Lindgren"
>
>When a file is opened, Vedit creates one or two tmp files in the same directory.
>These files make the directory listing messy (especially since it is not possible to filter them out using wildcards).
>Would it be possible to set the Hidden attribute for the temporary files?
>Then the user could choose from folder options not to show hidden files.
>
>Further, I wonder if it would be possible to create the tmp file only when the user actually modifies the file?
>Even better if the file would be initially in Fast Browse Mode. Attempt to do any changes to the file would then change it into R/W mode and create the tmp files.

All good ideas. The hidden attribute is the easiest to implement; I will try that.
I don't remember the details of all the file-open issues now and evaluate your tmp file suggestion.

Ted.