Topic: Incremental search (srchincr.vdm) new version (1 of 3), Read 18 times, 1 File Attachment
Conf: VEDIT Macro Library
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 08:07 AM

Hi,

I have made some changes to the Incremental Search macro (srchincr.vdm).

- When you type the search string, if the string is no more found, the prompt turns red.
If you delete characters so that the string is found again, the prompt turns back to blue.
This is similar to how the search works in Firefox and some other programs.

- Uses fixed colors on the prompt instead of using Color_Prompt.
The prompt colors in most color schemes are not very nice and often have low contrast. *)

- I don't like the red color for cursor line. Red normally means some kind of alarm. In addition, the block highlight is not very clearly visible against red.
Therefore I changed the cursor line color to light gray. If the text background or block highlight happens to be gray, then yellow color is used instead.

- F3 key can now be used for "search next" (same as Return key).

Note:
Vedit online help for Incremental Search is not up-to-date. Not all the keys are listed. And the comment "...a bit difficult to see in the Windows version" is no more valid.
Incremental search can not be found in help Index. I assume this also means that it is not possible to have context sensitive help topic for it.

*) BTW, there is no option to select prompt colors in config dialog.
Looks like the only way to select prompt color is to use config commands, for example by running color.vdm.
I think the C_W_PROMPT and C_W_HIGHLIGHT colors set by color.vdm need some adjusting.

--
Pauli

Incremental search macro

Topic: Incremental search (srchincr.vdm) new version (2 of 3), Read 13 times
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 04:21 PM

On 7/15/2009 8:07:51 AM, Pauli Lindgren wrote:
>
>I have made some changes to the Incremental Search macro
>(srchincr.vdm).

Nice! I like it that way.

Christian

Topic: Re: Incremental search (srchincr.vdm) new version (3 of 3), Read 14 times
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2009 05:09 PM

At 08:09 AM 7/15/2009, you wrote:
>From: "Pauli Lindgren"
>
>Hi,
>
>I have made some changes to the Incremental Search macro (srchincr.vdm).

Excellent improvements! This version is now part of future distributions.

(Sorry for the slow reply; I was on vacation for a week.)

Ted.