Topic: Scribe 'Lookup Word' not working as expected (1 of 3), Read 12 times
Conf: VEDIT Macro Library
Date: Sunday, August 07, 2011 04:26 PM

I've just installed Vedit 6.21.1 on my XP SP3 system. I'm really impressed with the new Scribe, but I'm having a problem with its "Lookup Word" function. If I enter a word that's in the dictionary, I'm just taken back to Scribe's main menu. I no longer get the dialog asking me what I want to do with the word. Is that the way it's supposed to work now?
-- Howard

Topic: Re: Scribe 'Lookup Word' function not working as exped (2 of 3), Read 12 times
Date: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 03:01 PM

At 03:54 PM 8/6/2011, you wrote:
>From: "Howard Goldstein" (hgoldst1@...) I've just installed Vedit 6.21.1 on my XP SP3 system. I'm really impressed with the new Scribe, but I'm having a problem with its "Lookup Word" function. If I enter a word that's in the dictionary, I'm just taken back to Scribe's main menu. I no longer get the dialog asking me what I want to do with the word. Is that the way it's supposed to work now?

Howard:

I am closing Webboard since we have a new forum as of this week. I copied your message to it:

http://forum.vedit.com/showthread.php?6-Scribe-Lookup-Word-function-not-working-as-expected&p=7#post7

Ted.

Topic: Re: Scribe 'Lookup Word' function not working as exped (3 of 3), Read 18 times
Date: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 03:35 PM

On 09.08.2011 21:04 in conference "vedit-macros" Ted Green wrote:
>
> I am closing Webboard since we have a new forum as of this week.

Ted:

What does "closing Webboard" mean here?

a) Are you setting it "read-only", to be used as an archive, at least
for some time?
b) Or will it be closed (aka deleted) completely?

Christian