Topic: Cannot Nest Keystroke Macros (1 of 3), Read 14 times
Conf: VEDIT Macro Language Support
Date: Friday, July 18, 2008 02:48 AM

I'm not a Macro Guru, so I'm not sure what's wrong with these two keystroke macros:

Alt-2 {tr class='r'>[RETURN]{td>{a href="[LINE END]" target='m'>[DELETE][LINE END]{/a>{/td>{td>[CURSOR RIGHT] [VISUAL EXIT]#19=1;visual();
Alt-3 {a href="[LINE END]" target='x'>{/a>   [CURSOR RIGHT] [VISUAL EXIT]char(-23);num_ins(#19,nocr);#19++;char(23);visual();

< has been replaced by { because the forum doesn't interpret < correctly in many cases.

Alt-2 will create an HTML link out of the current and following file lines. It also sets #19 to 1
Alt-3 will make a link out of the next line, inserting and incrementing #19.

It errors at the [Visual Exit] command. Am I not exiting the previous macro properly?

Topic: Re: Cannot Nest Keystroke Macros (2 of 3), Read 15 times
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008 05:20 PM

On 18.07.2008 08:49 in vedit-macro-language List Walt Pattinson wrote:
>
> I'm not a Macro Guru, so I'm not sure what's wrong with these two keystroke macros:
>
> Alt-2 {tr class='r'>[RETURN]{td>{a href="[LINE END]" target='m'>[DELETE][LINE END]{/a>{/td>{td>[CURSOR RIGHT] [VISUAL EXIT]#19=1;visual();
> Alt-3 {a href="[LINE END]" target='x'>{/a>   [CURSOR RIGHT] [VISUAL EXIT]char(-23);num_ins(#19,nocr);#19++;char(23);visual();
>
> < has been replaced by { because the forum doesn't interpret < correctly in many cases.
>
> Alt-2 will create an HTML link out of the current and following file lines. It also sets #19 to 1
> Alt-3 will make a link out of the next line, inserting and incrementing #19.
>
> It errors at the [Visual Exit] command. Am I not exiting the previous macro properly?

Simply leave out the final command ";visual();".

The keystroke macro automatically returns to visual mode when the
execution of the command line is finished.
If you try it explicitely then it's sort of double action with the above
error.

Christian

Topic: Re: Cannot Nest Keystroke Macros (3 of 3), Read 12 times
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:52 PM

Thanks, Christian. That makes sense -- now.