Topic: Searching in a Macro (1 of 3), Read 25 times
Conf: VEDIT Macro Language Support
Date: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:10 AM

I've been using vedit for many years. This one has me stumped. I've written an interactive macro that prompts user for various input fields. One of these is an address. I take user input into a register and use that to search a file. The file is displayed with cursor on selected item in visual mode. User verifies correctness of items and selects first line then visual exit.
Problem is no matter what I have tried, the selected item is near the bottom of window. I don't want the user to have to scroll window, although alt-down does that nicely it's another key combination he has to remember.

A normal search selects close to top of window as does anything I try using short macro testfiles. I'm using a reserved window in macro proper. I've tried dov("\sd\") and that isn't helping although it works in my test macro.

Anyone have any ideas.
Dave Cohen

Topic: Searching in a Macro (2 of 3), Read 27 times
Date: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:41 PM

On 02.09.2008 17:11 vedit-webboard-readme Listmanager wrote:
> > From: "David Cohen"
> >
> > Problem is no matter what I have
> > tried, the selected item is near the bottom of window.
> > I don't want the user to have to scroll window,
> > although alt-down does that nicely
> > it's another key combination he has to remember.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas.

Probably Set_Visual_Line() is the command you are looking for.

BTW: I moved your message from conference "Read me first" to the more appropriate "Macro language support".

Christian

Topic: Searching in a Macro (3 of 3), Read 26 times
Date: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 08:29 PM

Thanks, that did the trick. Never came across that command before.

I'm a bit confused, I wanted to post in macro language support and thought I was. I don't see it listed there.
Dave