Topic: V-Spell in VPW (1 of 4), Read 138 times
Conf: Installation, Configuration
Date: Friday, September 12, 2003 07:48 AM

Some time ago I was able to add V-spell (a DOS add-in) to the Windows version of Vedit. This was handy since, while my spelling is good, my typing (now called 'keyboarding' skills) is atrocious. Somewhere along the upgrades I have lost the technique to use V-spell which I installed in the User menu. Can someone give me some tips on how to get this back? It involved some additions to startup.vdm if I recall correctly. Any ideas appreciated.
TIA.

Topic: Re: V-Spell in VPW 5.x.x (2 of 4), Read 161 times
Date: Friday, September 12, 2003 07:49 AM

The
correct macro to add to the {USER} menu, e.g. the USER.MNU file, is:

Run V-SPELL
Rs(102,PATHNAME) File_Close() Sys("vs |@(102)",DOS+MAX+DELETE) File_Open(@102)

Note that the System() command must have the "DOS" option to run any
DOS program from the Windows version of VEDIT.

Ted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ted Green (ted@...) Greenview Data, Inc.
Web: http://www.... PO Box 1586, Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Tel: (734) 996-1300 Fax: (734) 996-1308 VEDIT - Text/Data/Binary Editor

Topic: Re: V-Spell in VPW 5.x.x (3 of 4), Read 55 times
Date: Sunday, April 18, 2004 06:12 PM

I'm interested in V-SPELL. Is this an option with current versions of VEDIT.EXE and/or VPW[64].EXE also?

While I do most of my writing in other applications at the moment I can see VPW taking the place of many and spell checking would be a real help even now. Like text and such I write in HTML documents or label text when programming etc.

John

Topic: Re: V-Spell in VPW 5.x.x (4 of 4), Read 56 times
Date: Monday, April 19, 2004 10:58 AM

At 06:13 PM 4/18/2004, you wrote:
>From: John H
>
>I'm interested in V-SPELL. Is this an option with current versions of VEDIT.EXE and/or VPW[64].EXE also?
>
>While I do most of my writing in other applications at the moment I can see VPW taking the place of many and spell checking would be a real help even now. Like text and such I write in HTML documents or label text when programming etc.

The supplied ustartup.vdm file contains comments on how to enable V-SPELL. Alternatively, you can add it to your {USER} menu. I use it every day.

Ted.