Topic: mynotes.vdm in 6.0 (1 of 3), Read 48 times
Conf: Startup, File Open, Exit
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 04:35 AM

There seems to be a minor problem with mynotes.vdm in 6.0:
if there are several buffers open and my working buffer is, say #3, exiting mynotes with a mouse clicking brings me to buffer #1, whereas exiting by pressing alt-0 brings me back to the working buffer.
Fritz

Topic: mynotes.vdm in 6.0 (2 of 3), Read 48 times
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 07:54 AM

After a short look into MYNOTES.VDM I would say: That's the way it is.

If you close the window via mouse/Alt-F4 or so the macros doesn't have control about that action and isn't able to restore all the things.

So I would recommend to use Alt-0 for closing too. Otherwise there could occur a stack overflow (unbalanced Num_Pop's)!

Christian

Topic: Re: mynotes.vdm in 6.0 (3 of 3), Read 48 times
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 09:49 AM

At 04:35 AM 10/10/2001, you wrote:
>There seems to be a minor problem with mynotes.vdm in 6.0:
>if there are several buffers open and my working buffer is, say #3, exiting mynotes with a mouse clicking brings me to buffer #1, whereas exiting by pressing alt-0 brings me back to the working buffer.

MYNOTES.VDM is designed to be exited with Alt-0. MYNOTES.VDM saves the current buffer ID and switches back to the original buffer when you close it via Alt-0. However, when you close the editing window with the mouse, VEDIT just switches to the next buffer, typically #1. Also, the macro is still loaded which is likely to cause something unexpected later on; especially when you next press Alt-0.

A solution might be to have MYNOTES.VDM implement a Buffer-Switch event macro which detects when you close with the mouse. The buffer-switch event macro could then restore the original buffer, shut down the macro and remove itself. Note that anything loaded into T-Reg 114 is treated as the buffer-switch event macro.

I cannot fit this in my schedule for a while. Perhaps one of the VEDIT macro gurus would like to stake a stab at it.

In the mean-time, remember to use Alt-0 to close MYNOTES.

Ted.