Topic: Max length of search string (1 of 3), Read 18 times
Conf: Search and Replace
Date: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 07:31 AM

According to veditlog.txt, the max length of search and replace strings were increased to 1000 characters on version 6.13.1.

However, on 6.15.2, the max length is something around 250 characters.

If I execute macro command Search(@1), and @1 contains more than 250 characters, I get error "Search string too long".

If I copy a long text into Search dialog box, it is truncated to 250 characters.

--
Pauli

Topic: Re: Max length of search string (2 of 3), Read 18 times
Date: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:40 AM

At 07:31 AM 5/6/2008, you wrote:
>From: "Pauli Lindgren"
>
>According to veditlog.txt, the max length of search and replace strings were increased to 1000 characters on version 6.13.1.
>
>However, on 6.15.2, the max length is something around 250 characters.
>
>If I execute macro command Search(@1), and @1 contains more than 250 characters, I get error "Search string too long".
>
>If I copy a long text into Search dialog box, it is truncated to 250 characters.

Oops, you are correct.
I have corrected the code for all future versions.
In the mean time, you can download a correct 6.15.3 vpw.exe file from:

www.vedit.com/download/vpw.exe

Or the vpw64.exe file from:

www.vedit.com/download/vpw64.exe

I am currently thinking that I should create a 6.15.3 release version with all the new and updated macros that have been discussed here.

Ted.

Topic: Re: Max length of search string (3 of 3), Read 21 times
Date: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 12:36 PM

On 5/6/2008 11:40:18 AM, Ted Green wrote:
>>
>>If I copy a long text into Search dialog box, it is truncated to 250 characters.
>
>Oops, you are correct.
>I have corrected the code for all future versions.

There may be another limitation.
According to veditlog.txt, "DI1() now allows 15 checkboxes, radio buttons, push buttons" since version 6.15.1.

Does that mean that it should be possible to have 15 checkboxes AND 15 radio buttons at the same time?

I increased the number of radio buttons in my aspell.vdm macro. If I had 11 radio buttons and 4 checkboxes, the last radio button was no more updated. It looks like the limit is 10. (Aspell.vdm would need more radio buttons if you have several dictionaries installed.)

--
Pauli