Topic: Running EBCDIC-4 from a Macro (1 of 2), Read 46 times
Conf: Hex, Binary, EBCDIC
Date: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:27 PM

Found a solution see below.
Please Help this is driving me nuts!
I believe this can be done? I just can not get it to work.
I have 12 EBCDIC files that I want to convert using a macro I have created a .LAY file for each, if I open the first file and the .lay file then call ebcdic-4.vdm it converts ok but when I try to open the next file it appears to me that ebcdic-4.vdm can not find the new .Lay file as the conversion is wrong. I have been able to do this in a batch file but must put a pause in between each file [which means I have to be here when it runs] or else with out the pause I get the first two files converted and end up with 3 instances of Vedit open when the batch file completes.
I tried to run ebcdic-4.bat with 3 files as a test "ebcdic-4.bat file1 file1.lay file2 file2.lay file3 file3.lay" but this didn't work either only converted the first file.

I have found that if I load my Macro into Reg 25 and then Copy my .LAY file to overwrite EBCDIC.LAY
Then open my EBCDIC_FILE
Then callf(100,EBCDIC-4) it works, after this I can just call(100)

So my command is start vpw -y -x EBCDIC_Convert-1.VDM
EBCDIC_Convert-1.VDM only contains 2 lines
cd\vedit
chain_File(25,(EBCDIC_Convert-2.VDM)
the first line of this file then Empty's Reg 100 to make way for the EBCDIC-4.VDM Macro.

Hope this helps other's.

Topic: Re: Running EBCDIC-4 from a Macro (2 of 2), Read 45 times
Conf: Hex, Binary, EBCDIC
Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 03:55 PM

At 02:00 AM 3/15/2007, you wrote:
>From: "Jock Blair"
>
>Please Help this is driving me nuts!
>I believe this can be done? I just can not get it to work.
>I have 12 EBCDIC files that I want to convert using a macro I have created a .LAY file for each, if I open the first file and the .lay file then call ebcdic-4.vdm it converts ok but when I try to open the next file it appears to me that ebcdic-4.vdm can not find the new .Lay file as the conversion is wrong. I have been able to do this in a batch file but must put a pause in between each file [which means I have to be here when it runs] or else with out the pause I get the first two files converted and end up with 3 instances of Vedit open when the batch file completes.
>I tried to run ebcdic-4.bat with 3 files as a test "ebcdic-4.bat file1 file1.lay file2 file2.lay file3 file3.lay" but this didn't work either only converted the first file.
>Regards,
>Jock.

Jock:

We do not answer EBCDIC conversion question on our User Forum.
In the future please address them to Tony Taylor (tony@...), Tom Burt (tom@...) or to general support (support@...).

Tom should be able to answer your question.

Ted.