Topic: When I do not exit Wildfile correctly (1 of 2), Read 25 times
Conf: Wildfile, Other macros
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 09:48 AM

When I Run Wildfile in VEDIT in Visual Mode, if I exit VEDIT, I think, without exiting the Wildfile Macro I have a problem which requires me to delete & replace my Project and other configuration files. The Problem is that the last Wildfile Search is still in the text registers and I can't clear them. This causes problems in exiting any new Wildfile Searches. It asks me if I want to save the temporary file created for the search (ved1376.wild.tmp) and I get a small 'REEntering Visual...' window whenever I run wildfile in display or visual mode and leaves 1 or two empty tab windows after exiting the macro (not vedit). The text registers that seem to be filled (at least in this most recent case) are: 11,12,14,15,16,17,100,103,104,105,115

Please tell me how to fix this without replacing my configuration files. It has happened several times since I have had VEDIT.

Thanks,
MacMan

Topic: Re: When I do not exit Wildfile correctly (2 of 2), Read 28 times
Conf: Wildfile, Other macros
Date: Monday, February 28, 2005 01:34 PM

At 09:48 AM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
>When I Run Wildfile in VEDIT in Visual Mode, if I exit VEDIT, I think, without exiting the Wildfile Macro I have a problem which requires me to delete & replace my Project and other configuration files.

We have fixed this and related problems by modifying the projsave.vdm and veditsav.vdm macros. The main change is that we no longer save numeric or text registers 10-106 into the project or the edit-session restore file. These numeric/text register are typically only used while a macro is running and when a project is saved or VEDIT exited, there is no reason to restore
them. In fact, as you noticed, restoring them confuses VEDIT.

We also fixed a problem with regular expressions - RE could not search for a literal ")". (I am changing the syntax from "{...}" to "(...)" and want both to work during a transition period. Unfortunately some preliminary development code got into the release version.)

A new version with these fixes can be downloaded from:

www.vedit.com/download/beta/vpw-prod.exe

If you also need the 64-bit version:

www.vedit.com/download/beta/vw-pro64.exe

If these work OK, a final 6.13.2 will be released later this week.

Ted.