Topic: Tiled display (1 of 4), Read 23 times
Conf: Other, General, etc.
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2004 05:14 PM

Is there a way to force tiling to be strictly Horizontal or Vertical? At least temporarily?

If I have 4 files open and I tile vertically, sometimes I would like all files side by side instead 2 by 2.

Maybe a 3rd tiling option could be added to implement the current mode(s) and Horiz and Vert be strict.

Topic: Re: Tiled display (2 of 4), Read 21 times
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2004 05:50 PM

At 05:15 PM 8/19/2004, you wrote:
>Is there a way to force tiling to be strictly Horizontal or Vertical? At least temporarily?

Sorry, no. There are no additional tiling options.

>Maybe a 3rd tiling option could be added to implement the current mode(s) and Horiz and Vert be strict.

I looked at the code, it could be done in a few hours, but I just cannot give it a very high priority right now.

Ted.

Ted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ted Green (ted@...) Greenview Data, Inc.
Web: www.... Fax: 734-996-1308 PO Box 1586, Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Tel: (734) 996-1300 Desk: 734-369-3550 VEDIT - Text/Data/Binary Editor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.SpamStopsHere.com ranked #1 in accuracy by Network Computing Magazine

Topic: Re: Tiled display (3 of 4), Read 20 times
Date: Friday, August 20, 2004 10:36 AM

On 8/19/2004 5:50:49 PM, Ted Green wrote:
>
>>Maybe a 3rd tiling option could be added to implement the current mode(s) and Horiz and Vert be strict.
>
>I looked at the code, it could
>be done in a few hours, but I
>just cannot give it a very
>high priority right now.

I think this could be done quite easily with a macro, in the similar way as my enhanced cascade macro.

However, there is a problem: it is not possible to find out the exact size of the available space for windows when the side bar and/or reserved windows are displayed.
This problem was discussed earlier (maybe year or two ago), and there was some talk about adding variables readable by macro language for this purpose.

--
Pauli

Topic: Re: Tiled display (4 of 4), Read 19 times
Date: Sunday, August 22, 2004 03:46 AM

I didn't think this would be a high priority. It is a small nuisance a small amount of the time -- not worth too much implementation time.