Topic: No Topic (1 of 2), Read 31 times
Conf: Other, General, etc.
Date: Friday, September 09, 2005 12:07 PM

My VEdit program (6.1) has started locking up a lot, as well as suddenly starting to scroll for no particular reason. And when it starts to scroll, it changes the display so that it's no longer readable. Even simple things cause it to lock up, like trying to use the "goto" function to go to a certain line. Thus, if I want to go to line 270,000, I'm stuck scrolling the whole thing manually. I've closed and reopened the program many times, and I've rebooted the computer several times, but all the problems are still there. (By the way, it's an EBCDIC file that I'm trying to convert to ASCII)

Topic: Re: No Topic (2 of 2), Read 30 times
Conf: Other, General, etc.
Date: Friday, September 09, 2005 12:10 PM

At 12:02 PM 9/9/2005, you wrote:
>From: "Melissa Fuhrman"
>
>My VEdit program (6.1) has started locking up a lot, as well as suddenly starting to scroll for no particular reason. And when it starts to scroll, it changes the display so that it's no longer readable. Even simple things cause it to lock up, like trying to use the "goto" function to go to a certain line. Thus, if I want to go to line 270,000, I'm stuck scrolling the whole thing manually. I've closed and reopened the program many times, and I've rebooted the computer several times, but all the problems are still there.

As you will need your serial number to re-install VEDIT, make sure you have it. If you cannot find it, it is located at the end of the vedit.ini file in the \vedit directory. It is 15-16 digits long; write it down.

Then remove VEDIT from your computer by simply deleting the \vedit directory. You can try an uninstall, but that requires VEDIT to be working.

Then download the program again and re-install.

If the problem persists, then you may some type of Windows/hardware issue beyond our control.

Ted.