Topic: Wordwrap puzzle (1 of 3), Read 21 times
Conf: Other, General, etc.
Date: Monday, April 28, 2008 09:30 PM

Wordwrap Puzzle.

I have set a line length of 64 chars. The 65th character of a word should turn it on to the next line. Mostly it does. Assume the 65th character is a single quote. The word is left behind and the single quote starts the next line.

I changed Config_String( WORD_SEP, ".:;!?()[]<>'" ) to include the single quote.

The problem above is now solved. But it introduces a new one. If the 65th character is an apostrophe as in "don't" then the word breaks at the apostrophe and turns t over on to the new line.

Question: How can this problem be resolved?

Ian Davies

Topic: Wordwrap puzzle (2 of 3), Read 24 times
Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 05:06 AM

On 4/28/2008 9:30:36 PM, Ian Davies wrote:
> Assume the 65th character is a single quote.
> The word is left behind and the single quote starts
> the next line.

I can not get that effect (with Vedit 6.15.2).

If single quote is included in WORD_SEP, the opening quote is left at the end of line, and the word and closing quote are wrapped to next line.

If single quote is NOT included in WORD_SEP, then the word together with both of the quotes is wrapped to next line. I think this is how it should work. And with this setting, "don't" is also wrapped as a whole word as is should.

--
Pauli

Topic: Wordwrap puzzle (3 of 3), Read 25 times
Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 01:16 PM

Thanks Pauli for your comments. I also am using ver 6.15.2 so we are getting different results under the same conditions. I may try reinstalling Vedit and see if that helps.

Thanks
Ian