Topic: NOT ENOUGH VEDIT RESOURCES FOR OPERATION (1 of 2), Read 16 times
Conf: Basic editing, Block operations
Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:04 PM

I am running VEDIT PRO on a Windows XP SP1 machine with 512 MB of physical memory. When opening a 8.86 GB text file with the "read only" option I get the following VEDIT error message NOT ENOUGH VEDIT RESOURCES FOR OPERATION when I try to highlight and copy to the clipboard a very small amount of data (10-20 characters).

There is nothing in the VEDIT User's Manual that mentions this, no logs to look at, etc. I don't see anything in Windows Task Manager that would give a clue either. Plenty of system resources available.

This problem is repeatable and the machine is cold booted each day in the morning.

Has anyone ever seen this before or have a clue as to what could be causing it??

I'm getting really frustrated with this problem. This has been reported to VEDIT tech support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Topic: Re: NOT ENOUGH VEDIT RESOURCES FOR OPERATION (2 of 2), Read 17 times
Conf: Basic editing, Block operations
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2007 02:42 PM

At 12:05 PM 11/14/2007, you wrote:
>From: "Tom Merritt"
>
>I am running VEDIT PRO on a Windows XP SP1 machine with 512 MB of physical memory. When opening a 8.86 GB text file with the "read only" option I get the following VEDIT error message NOT ENOUGH VEDIT RESOURCES FOR OPERATION when I try to highlight and copy to the clipboard a very small amount of data (10-20 characters).
>
>There is nothing in the VEDIT User's Manual that mentions this, no logs to look at, etc. I don't see anything in Windows Task Manager that would give a clue either. Plenty of system resources available.
>
>This problem is repeatable and the machine is cold booted each day in the morning.
>
>Has anyone ever seen this before or have a clue as to what could be causing it??
>
>I'm getting really frustrated with this problem. This has been reported to VEDIT tech support.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(We are trying to help Tom, but cannot replicate his problem. His file is on a Windows network server.)

Ted.