Topic: Vedit Math Functions for flat Seis files (1 of 2), Read 35 times
Conf: WebBoard - How to use it
Date: Friday, February 02, 2007 02:50 PM

Just spent a little time looking for discussions on Math function Macros and made a couple inquiries but wanted to do more. I am looking for simple Macros which I can load and use without much programming expertise. I know Vedit is not supposed to be Excel but it would be nice to be able to do simple +,-,*,/ on a single blocked column within Vedit with bigger files..300 mb - 1.5 gb

Anyone using Vedit to work with Seismic volumes who have some neat utilities would be appreciated. I am creating pore pressure and effective stress cubes from stacking velocities and working mostly on the PC side and trying to avoid AWK scripts etc.

Tom Stafford

Topic: Re: Vedit Math Functions for flat Seis files (2 of 2), Read 38 times
Conf: WebBoard - How to use it
Date: Monday, February 05, 2007 01:25 PM

At 02:54 PM 2/2/2007, you wrote:
>From: "Thomas Stafford"
>
>Just spent a little time looking for discussions on Math function Macros and made a couple inquiries but wanted to do more. I am looking for simple Macros which I can load and use without much programming expertise. I know Vedit is not supposed to be Excel but it would be nice to be able to do simple +,-,*,/ on a single blocked column within Vedit with bigger files..300 mb - 1.5 gb
>
>Anyone using Vedit to work with Seismic volumes who have some neat utilities would be appreciated. I am creating pore pressure and effective stress cubes from stacking velocities and working mostly on the PC side and trying to avoid AWK scripts etc.

Tom:

It doesn't appear to received a reply because you posted your Q into the "How to use it" category which noone monitors.
I have posted it again in the "VEDIT Macro library" category.

Sincerely,

Ted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ted Green (ted@...) Greenview Data, Inc.
Web: www.... Fax: 734-996-1308 PO Box 1586, Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Tel: (734) 996-1300 Desk: 734-369-3550 VEDIT - Text/Data/Binary Editor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.SpamStopsHere.com ranked #1 in accuracy by Network Computing Magazine