Topic: Vedit junior (1 of 2), Read 215 times
Conf: VEDIT Sales and Info
Date: Saturday, May 22, 1999 09:42 PM

A long time ago (but not in a galaxy far far away) there was a small but competent (and free) version of Vedit available. It was called Vedit Junior. I would like to install this on my wife's laptop (a 486sx (remember those) 8MB, 171 MB Compaq Aero) since she has to travel on a contract for 2-3 months.
It has been some time since I have seen any reference to Vedit junior in Greenview's literature and I have no doubt that it has disappeared from the development scene (indeed, only Vedit Plus seems to be left - this is not to be construed as a return of these products; I have only used vp/vpw myself since my initial purchase of Vedit many years past.)
I did have a downloaded copy of Vedit junior that was on a 5 1/4 floppy that I used for proselytizing but it has gone the way of all good 5 1/4's - to that big drive in the sky.
My question (finally) is: does it still exist in some form somewhere on a server? Searches using Yahoo and Alta Vista did not turn up anything useful. An Alta Vista search on [Vedit & junior] turned up a web page with the following entry:

"1996 Member Results. The Michigan District Road Race Championships. RESULTS. Ann Arbor Velo Club Junior Team claims first National Title(s) Ann Arbor Velo."

Wonderful are the ways of the web (note: junior team - the Green family are ardent cyclists as are members of Greenview)

All this aside. Any suggestions?

Ian Patterson

Topic: Vedit junior (2 of 2), Read 253 times
Conf: VEDIT Sales and Info
Date: Sunday, May 23, 1999 05:38 AM

Try it at:

http://www6.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=000367

Fritz