Topic: Project home directory (1 of 2), Read 13 times
Conf: VEDIT Suggestions
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:44 AM

I think it would be very useful to be able to set a home directory for each project.

For example, TAGS directory would be saved in that directory, and used by ctags and utags macros. Currently, it is very difficult to use tags when the source files have been divided in multiple directories. The project home directory could also be used in searches, compiler support etc.

It could be a config string, just like Vedit HOME directory or VEDIT_TEMP. For example, Config_String(PROJ_HOME). This could be read and written from macro language. There could be setting for this in project menu, and the value would be saved with project.

--
Pauli

Topic: Re: Project home directory (2 of 2), Read 15 times
Conf: VEDIT Suggestions
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:46 AM

At 10:44 AM 3/16/2006, you wrote:
>I think it would be very useful to be able to set a home directory for each project.
>
>For example, TAGS directory would be saved in that directory, and used by ctags and utags macros. Currently, it is very difficult to use tags when the source files have been divided in multiple directories. The project home directory could also be used in searches, compiler support etc.
>
>It could be a config string, just like Vedit HOME directory or VEDIT_TEMP. For example, Config_String(PROJ_HOME). This could be read and written from macro language. There could be setting for this in project menu, and the value would be saved with project.

I think this was discussed before and I simply have not yet implemented it. While too late for 6.15, I should be able to implement it within a few weeks before 6.20 is released (when the FTP support is finalized).

Ted.