Hi. Here's a variation on Wildfile.
I contracted Tom and Ted to modify Wildfile so that it would ask:
1. For the files to search (default= "*.bas")
2. For a Main Search String (default="date$")
3. For a Proximity String (default=">")
4. For the Number of Characters before/after the Main Search String to search for the Proximity String(default=15)
5. For whether the search for the Proximity String will be conducted 'B'(Before), 'A' (After), or on 'E' either side of the Main search String(default='A').
I have no experience writing vedit macros. One feature that I would like to see is the ability of the macro to ignore lines that begin with a string like '//' or 'REM', etc.
I hope you find this macro as helpful as I have found it.