VEDIT 6.12 has some interesting and hopefully useful macro language improvements.
1. Reg_Save(...,APPEND) finally has the often requested "APPEND"
option so that the text register can be appended to the end of an
2. The Date() command can now display in more formats, including the
3. File_Size("file") returns the size of a specified file.
4. File_Stamp_Date("file") and File_Stamp_Time("file) return the date
and time stamp of when the specified file was last modified.
NOTE: File_Stamp_Time() isn't returning the correct value yet. We will
fix it ASAP.
5. Dir_Date() displays the directory, similar to the DOS/NT "dir" command.
It includes each file's date/time stamp and size.
Combined with Out_Ins() it is now easier to capture the directory, and
perhaps sort it on a field. Is is NO LONGER NECESSARY to shell out
to the "dir" command.
Dir_Date() displays the same fields regardless of Windows version and
country version. The date/time stamp may depend on the country, but
can be forced to any desired format with an option.
The convenient abbreviation is "ddir", which is handy at the COMMAND:
NOTE: While we try to make VEDIT backwards compatible with older macros, VEDIT 6.12 will not work with older versions of VEDITSAV.VDM and PROJSAVE.VDM, because we discontinued an undocumented command. VEDIT 6.12 should work fine with all other older macros.