Since WebBoard has some problems with preformated messages I wrote
the macro webboard1.vdm.
It tries to help formatting WebBoard messages with preformated text
parts and embedded < and > characters
(assuming that the only HTML-tags manually used are <pre>, </pre>
It is not really comfortable, but could workaround WebBoards
- Write a message as usual, using <pre> ... </pre> tags to
mark the preformated text.
line2 is < line 3
- Send it to WebBoard (via browser, mail or newsreader)
- Edit your sent message in WebBoard, using a browser
It now looks like:
line2 is < line 3 <br>
- Cut or copy the whole text into Windows' clipboard
- Call this macro (perhaps via shortcut on desktop:
c:\vedit\vpw.exe -x webboard1.vdm -c qally )
Within the <pre> ... </pre> tags the macro has removed the
line-break tags and masked the other '<' and '>' characters.
The result has been copied to clipboard again.
- Switch back to your browser's edit window
- Paste the fixed clipboard's contents into the edit window
Now it's looking like:
line2 is < line 2
- Confirm/post this edited message to Webboard