Topic: read & write macro data to an user.ini file (1 of 4), Read 30 times
Conf: VEDIT Macro Library
Date: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 06:06 PM

Until now, there has been no way for a macro to easily preserve data safely & reliably between executions of the macro. Information in registers can get altered by other macros or by the enduser, or lost completely if the enduser exits Vedit.

Userini.vdm is a subroutine macro designed to be called from other macros. It is not a stand alone macro. Userini.vdm is used to read or write data to or from the user.ini file (from either a text register or a numeric register).

Each macro gets its own private section in the user.ini file. The is also a global section for sharing data between macros. Macro data is safely preserved in the user.ini file, until the calling macro needs it again.

Type of data that might be saved in the user.ini file: last filename opened, last filespec specified, last file position, block_begin & block_end file postions, various macro internal flags, etc.

Please see the userini.txt file included in the userini.zip file.

I have uploaded it to the Vedit ftp site

Would appreciate feedback from any macro programmers.

Thank you.

Scott

Topic: read & write macro data to an user.ini file (2 of 4), Read 17 times, 1 File Attachment
Date: Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:35 PM

If I have done this right the userini.vdm and userini.txt should be attached.

Scott

userini.vdm file

Topic: read & write macro data to an user.ini file (3 of 4), Read 16 times, 1 File Attachment
Date: Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:39 PM

Allright, that seem to have attached the userini.vdm file, now the userini.txt file

Scott

userini.vdm manual

Topic: read & write macro data to an user.ini file (4 of 4), Read 19 times
Date: Thursday, June 03, 2010 01:31 PM

On 6/3/2010 12:39:42 PM, Scott Lambert wrote:
>
>Allright, that seem to have
>attached the userini.vdm file,
>now the userini.txt file
>
>Scott

Thanks,

Your upload worked like a charm.

I would also appreciate your uploading your macro giving the work around for the Vedit .pdf files.

Also, I wonder what is your operating system ?

-peter