An attempt to generate more messages around here...
If you are like me, your user-mac folder is stuffed with macros, some of which you use all the time, others rarely. Some of them, you probably do not share as you do not believe anyone else would find them useful, or the macro code is too simple.
Aside from startup.vdm, ustartup.vdm, and the various incarnations of wildfile (which we all use), I was wondering what macros people find most useful? The ones you use almost every time you use Vedit.
Here is my list:
1. There is a macro in the key-mac.lib file that comes with Vedit that duplicates the current line on the line below. I find this really useful.
2. I use Vedit for html coding, so I have three macros for inserting the A HREF tag, the IMG SRC tag, tag and a live email link. Wrote these myself, use them every day.
3. There is a macro that comes with Vedit called txt-word.vdm which converts text in Vedit in to a format more compatible with word processors. I find this useful, as I prefer the old style of word wrap in Vedit. I wrote a frontend to this macro that runs a block thru txt-word before copying it to the clipboard. (I am writing this in Vedit, and then will use this macro to transfer to the user forum.)
4. A very simple macro that highlights a line as a block setting both the block begin and block end markers. One of the first macros I ever wrote.
5. Going back to html coding, I use the htmltag.vdm macro that comes with Vedit all the time.
6. I also have a few macros that just load a particular set of files related to the task I am doing.
I think those are the ones, I use most often.
One thing I have learned is that there is no relationship between macro size and usefulness.
What macros do you use most often and find most useful?