Topic: Entering multi-line string args at command prompt (1 of 2), Read 17 times
Conf: VEDIT Macro Language Support
Date: Friday, February 22, 2008 03:24 PM

I've been attempting to use the documented method for entering multiple line string arguments to commands without any lucck. On page 22 of the Macro Language Manual it says:

Quote:

The string argument in commands such as Search("ss"), Ins_Text("text") and Message("mtext") can be several lines long. If you press before the second delimiter, the "newline" becomes part of the string argument and the command waits for the rest of its string — the command prompt then changes to "-".

Prompt: "-" VEDIT is waiting for the second string delimiter.

For example, the following command will search for two lines:
Search("This is line 1
This is line 2")
Note: Prompt changes to "-" here.

/quote

When I press after typing the first line of the above example, I just get a *BREAK* and a new COMMAND: prompt. Does anyone know how to make this work? It would be a very useful feature to have. This is with VEDIT (32-Bit) Ver. 6.15.2 02/12/08.

Thanks,

Howard

Topic: Re: Entering multi-line string args at command prompt (2 of 2), Read 19 times
Conf: VEDIT Macro Language Support
Date: Friday, February 22, 2008 05:07 PM

At 03:48 PM 2/22/2008, you wrote:
>From: "Howard Goldstein"
>
>I've been attempting to use the documented method for entering multiple line string arguments to commands without any lucck. On page 22 of the Macro Language Manual it says:

Hmmm. I see that this no longer works (in the Windows version).

It appears that this broke quite a long time ago, as version 6.10.2 has the same problem.
Sorry.

You can perform your search by using "|N" in place of the key.

Ted.