Topic: Radio buttons lined horizontally (1 of 3), Read 10 times
Conf: VEDIT Macro Language Support
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 05:04 AM

Is it possible to place radio buttons horizontally in Dialog Input1?
The .h command does not have effect on radio buttons.

I think I have seen horizontally positioned radio buttons in some macro that came with Vedit, but now I can not find it. But I recall .h command was not used in it.

BTW, it would be nice if the group of radio buttons would be surrounded by a border, as it is normally in dialog boxes.

Also, it would be nice to be able to have more than two groups of radio button side by side.

--
Pauli

Topic: Radio buttons lined horizontally (2 of 3), Read 10 times
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 05:27 AM

On 5/21/2008 5:04:24 AM, Pauli Lindgren wrote:
>Is it possible to place radio buttons horizontally in DialogInput1?
>The .h command does not have effect on radio buttons.

I used that successfully in linefilt.vdm (In menu {Misc, More macros, Linefilter})

Christian

Topic: Radio buttons lined horizontally (3 of 3), Read 8 times
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 11:23 AM

On 5/21/2008 5:27:46 AM, Christian Ziemski wrote:
>
>I used that successfully in linefilt.vdm

Thanks. Yes, it looks like it is the .g (group) command that causes horizontal positioning not work.
But with radio buttons, group would really be needed.

It seems that radio buttons implicitly have a group, and it ends if checkbox is inserted. But I would need to be able to have two (or more) radio button groups without checkboxes in between.
So, Ted, I hope the horizontal positioning will be implemented within groups, too.

Another problem is the limit of 10 radio buttons that I mentioned in another thread.
It is possible to have more than 10, but the button group ends after 10, and the 11th will be in another group.
For example in aspell.vdm, if you have more than 6 languages, the file type radio button group will be split into two groups.

--
Pauli