Topic: VEDIT and Office Bar (1 of 4), Read 74 times
Conf: Installation, Configuration
Date: Thursday, June 29, 2000 10:07 PM

I just installed VEDIT PLUS 5.16.5 after recently installing Office 97 Pro in Windows 98. After installing Office 97 Pro, I had placed a number of icons on the Office Bar. When I installed VEDIT PLUS, I made it the default program to open any file without an association. Now, when I click on any icon on the Office Bar, it opens the exe file with VEDIT instead of starting the program. How do I fix?

Topic: Re: VEDIT and Office Bar (2 of 4), Read 71 times
Date: Friday, June 30, 2000 12:10 PM

That's a known problem.

Somewhere it is described by Ted. Maybe in the readme? Or in the FAQ?
I can't remember (and I'm not using MS-Office here to try.)

Christian

Topic: Re: VEDIT and Office Bar (3 of 4), Read 74 times
Date: Friday, June 30, 2000 09:09 PM

Thanks for the information. I have just searched the readme.txt, errata.txt, and on-line FAQ for the word office, but didn't find anything. I'll keep looking. I CAN right-click the icons, then select OPEN, which works correctly. However, the point of having the icons on the bar is to have a one-click solution.

Topic: Re: VEDIT and Office Bar (4 of 4), Read 83 times
Date: Friday, June 30, 2000 09:28 PM

Select {MISC, More macros, Registry}.

The first dialog box asks if you want to add (or keep) VEDIT in the mouse right-click context menu. This is often nice, but note that the dialog box warms that our implementation is incompatible with the MS Office launch bar.

We also suggest not turning this feature on under Windows NT/2000.

To implement this correctly, we have to write an "InProcServer" program which interfaces with VEDIT using "objects" and OLE. This is probably trivial for programs written in VC++, but we have not yet found any doco on how to do this with programs written in plain C and assembly language. (We also haven't tried very hard yet.) We would appreciate any info from C++ and OLE gurus.

Ted.