At 09:09 AM 10/5/2005, you wrote:
>Any news about when the fully 64-bit version of Vedit will be available? At least it would be a good selling point (considering there are not many 64 bit programs available yet).
No, we have not worked on that.
This is a bit earlier than I wanted to announce it, but I might as well...
A VEDIT 6.15 is almost ready with new features including preliminary ftp and email-sending support.
* The issues recently discussed about running VEDIT from a flash drive or even a CDROM have been implemented.
** If no drive is specified for e.g. MacroDir in the
vedit.ini file, then the location of vpw.exe is used.
** Environment variables have been implemented for the
directories within the vedit.ini file. E.g.
MacroDir = $VEDITDIR$\macros
** A new invocation option allows reading but not writing
vedit.ini file. This should allow running from CDROM.
* Option to display the "Printer frame" which shows where printing page breaks would be and the right printer margin.
* Most temporary files will normally be opened in the \vedit\temp directory instead of the file's directory as before.
* Ability to open an ftp site and one or more files in it. (Currently the
user interface is a bit strange and we are renaming/rearranging buttons, etc.) Tom originally wrote this to open up to 10 different ftp sites, but this is not quite ready for release.
* Ability to send the current file or highlighted block as an email message.
(There are no plan for a full email client.)
Since the ftp and email functions are in the macro language, many useful automation functions will be possible.