Topic: Keyboard Configuration: Multi-Key Sequences (1 of 3), Read 18 times
Conf: Installation, Configuration
Date: Saturday, January 26, 2008 10:06 PM

Is it possible to configure the keyboard in Vedit to accept multi-key sequences?

Since the dawn of time I've used (on another editor) the sequence Ctrl-N-1 (hold down Ctrl, press N, let go of both, then press and release 1) for save-active-file-and-continue. Similarly Ctrl-N-R for search and replace. I'd like to configure Vedit this way. Possible?

What would be the correct way to write this type of multi-key sequence in the keyboard configuration file? I ask because I don't see any sequences of this form in the standard configuration file.

Thanks.

Topic: Re: Keyboard Configuration: Multi-Key Sequences (2 of 3), Read 17 times
Date: Sunday, January 27, 2008 01:54 AM

At 10:07 PM 1/26/2008, you wrote:
>From: "Jack Williamson"
>
>Is it possible to configure the keyboard in Vedit to accept multi-key sequences?
>
>Since the dawn of time I've used (on another editor) the sequence Ctrl-N-1 (hold down Ctrl, press N, let go of both, then press and release 1) for save-active-file-and-continue. Similarly Ctrl-N-R for search and replace. I'd like to configure Vedit this way. Possible?
>
>What would be the correct way to write this type of multi-key sequence in the keyboard configuration file? I ask because I don't see any sequences of this form in the standard configuration file.

VEDIT has always had that capability - it goes back to support old-style serial terminals.

Sorry its 2AM and too late now for me to test, but I'm pretty sure this would work:

Ctrl-N 1 [MENU]FS
Ctrl-N R [MENU]SS

Ted.

Topic: Keyboard Configuration: Multi-Key Sequences (3 of 3), Read 16 times
Date: Monday, January 28, 2008 04:56 AM

On 1/26/2008 10:06:49 PM, Jack Williamson wrote:
>Is it possible to configure
>the keyboard in Vedit to
>accept multi-key sequences?
>
>
>What would be the correct way
>to write this type of
>multi-key sequence in the
>keyboard configuration file? I
>ask because I don't see any
>sequences of this form in the
>standard configuration file.

You can see how this is done by looking at the file wordstar.key.

The key presses in the sequence must be separated with a single space.

--
Pauli