Topic: Window Size (1 of 3), Read 59 times
Conf: Startup, File Open, Exit
Date: Thursday, June 17, 1999 02:05 PM

I have noticed that many times when I open a file, it overfills the MDI frame, causing the frame to display vertical scrollbars. It is not maximized, just too big.

This is mildly annoying because it causes me to have to grab the window, then reposition it and resize it. It does not always seem to happen, and I don't think I have ever seen it happen on the first file open.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Topic: Window Size (2 of 3), Read 44 times
Date: Monday, May 22, 2000 10:35 AM

Yes, I too have noted this - even when using ALT-0 for mynotes.txt - I have to scroll the inner window up with the outer scrollbars in order to mouse access the access the inner scrollbars, particularly if I have the default $-window(BOTTOM) - luckily just enough of the maximise icon on the innermost is accessible to max it!

Mike

Topic: Re: Window Size (3 of 3), Read 44 times
Date: Monday, May 22, 2000 03:26 PM

Windows displays the MDI scroll bars when the MDI windows don't fit entirely within the program's area for them.

The best way to avoid this is to set {CONFIG, Display options, Auto-create Window style} to "1" to always create full-sized windows.

I fixed MYNOTES.VDM to work better when the Command Mode window is on the screen. The code change was replace the "Win_Create" command with these three lines:

#32 = Screen_Lines - Win_Reserved_Bottom - Win_Reserved_Top -4
if (#32 < 4) { #32 = 4 }
Win_Create(Win_Free,3,4,#32,Screen_Cols-6)

Ted.