Topic: Question about an Alt-Home redefinition (1 of 2), Read 23 times
Conf: Keyboard, keystroke macros
Date: Saturday, December 06, 2008 04:51 PM

Hi,

I have successfully redefined the Alt-cur-down key as per the instructions in the COMPARE.VDM macro. That is to say, if I have two windows open in Vedit, then the Alt-cur-down key synchronizes the Cur-down movement between these two windows.

Now I would like to redefine the Alt-Home key to synchronize the movement of the cursor to a new line. So, I replaced the edit function code CD by the edit function code NL in that macro.

This led to:

Key_Add("Alt-Home",'[VISUAL EXIT]#103=Buf_Num BS(1) DoV("\NL\") BS(2) DoV("\NL\") BS(#103)',INSERT+OK)

To my great surprise this macro does not work. I have a hunch that I am missing something simple.

Thanks,

-peter

Topic: Question about an Alt-Home redefinition (2 of 2), Read 25 times
Conf: Keyboard, keystroke macros
Date: Sunday, December 07, 2008 10:34 AM

Hi,

I just realized that my re definition works like a charm.

Specifically, there are two Home keys on the keyboard and Alt-Home refers to the gray one. When I use the gray Alt-Home key combination the re definition works like a charm.

In other words, the key I am talking about is the Numpad7 key. I was looking for this key on the {Config, Unused keys}menu, but could not find it. The closest I came was Numpad5.

Finally, a big thank you for COMPARE.VDM. My re definitions were suggested by that macro. They can also be used with the{Search, Compare} menu command. They really, help to realign the two open files, to be compared.

-peter