Topic: Conflict between VEDIT and Windows-Prt settings (1 of 2), Read 18 times
Conf: Printing, Word processing
Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 01:50 PM

I modified the vedit.ini and vedit.cfg files to change the printer font, size, and paper orientation. When VEDIT starts I can see that the changes that I made are in effect. When I try to highlight and print the paper orientation (landscape) specified in VEDIT does not override the default printer settings (portrait) in Windows (XP SP2). I had thought in reading the configuration section in the VEDIT user manual that VEDIT settings would override the default printer's Windows settings. Was this an incorrect assumption?

Topic: Re: Conflict between VEDIT and Windows-Prt settings (2 of 2), Read 19 times
Conf: Printing, Word processing
Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 11:11 PM

At 01:57 PM 9/25/2007, you wrote:
>From: "Tom Merritt"
>
>I modified the vedit.ini and vedit.cfg files to change the printer font, size, and paper orientation. When VEDIT starts I can see that the changes that I made are in effect. When I try to highlight and print the paper orientation (landscape) specified in VEDIT does not override the default printer settings (portrait) in Windows (XP SP2). I had thought in reading the configuration section in the VEDIT user manual that VEDIT settings would override the default printer's Windows settings. Was this an incorrect assumption?

I believe that the vedit.cfg file will override the vedit.ini file with regard to paper orientation. In other words this line in the vedit.cfg file (if it exists):

Config( P_W_PAPER_O, "Paper orientation (0=default,1=Port,2=Land)", 0 )

(Note that the vedit.cfg file is optional.)

Perhaps we should have left the orientation out of the vedit.ini file, but those decisions were made 10+ years ago and I don't remember the details.

Ted.