Topic: PHP Color Syntax (1 of 4), Read 57 times
Conf: Program develop.,Color syntax
Date: Thursday, March 09, 2006 06:08 PM

Does anybody know where I can find a PHP color syntax file? I really don't want to have to recreate the wheel if it's already been done.

Thanks!

Topic: Re: PHP Color Syntax (2 of 4), Read 51 times
Date: Monday, March 13, 2006 10:01 AM

At 06:08 PM 3/9/2006, you wrote:
>From: "Marcus Barici"
>
>Does anybody know where I can find a PHP color syntax file? I really don't want to have to recreate the wheel if it's already been done.

Surprisingly, I don't seem to have a PHP.SYN file. If you or someone else creates one, I will be happy to add it to the distribution.

Ted.

Topic: Re: PHP Color Syntax (3 of 4), Read 56 times
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2006 07:23 AM

I don't know about PHP syntax file.
However, I think PHP syntax highlight would have the same problem as with CSS. PHP commands are mixed with HTML. If you have PHP syntax file, then HTML syntax is not highlighted. If you have HTML syntax file, then PHP is not highlighted. And the same for CSS and Javascript.

I think some editors have capability to have multiple syntax highlights active in the same file. For example, when the string [?PHP is encountered in the source code, the editor switches to PHP syntax highlight, and when ?] is encountered, it switches back to HTML. This would be a useful enhancement for Vedit, too.

--
Pauli

Topic: Re: PHP Color Syntax (4 of 4), Read 54 times
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:50 PM

Just for info - PHP Designer 2006 has such a Multi colour syntax highlighting option ... allows for easy viewing of PHP & HTML ( among others ....