Topic: Customized E-Xtract.Vdm (1 of 2), Read 23 times
Conf: Converting, Translating
Date: Sunday, October 22, 2006 09:56 PM

Hi,

Thanks to Ian, I have recently discovered the E-Xtract.Vdm macro, which goes back to 1998. Now frequently use it and so, I have customized it.

Here are the details: I use it to maintain my Thunderbird address Bok files, with the .mab extension. For example if I have to sort one these files I use the E-Xtract.Vdm macro, which automatically sorts this file. Then I import the sorted file into Thunderbird.

Since I have numerous Address Book file I would like to keep the original file name and only change the name of the extension. More specifically, my customization was to replace the extension .mab by the extension .lst in the extracted/sorted file. Note that the original version of the macro had the default name email.txt. In addition, the original macro deposited the extracted/sorted macro into the Current Directory.

Actually, it was pretty straightforward to do this customization. That I really wanted to do was to add
add my customization to the original macro as an option. I have a hunch that the addition of such an option is similar to the way Ian added the "read only option" to Wildfile.Vdm.
So, I would appreciate hearing from Ian.

In any case, I shall try to upload my macro. To emphasize that my macro is an edited/customized version of the original Vedit macro, I added the _pr suffix to the original name.

Topic: Customized E-Xtract.Vdm (2 of 2), Read 24 times, 1 File Attachment
Conf: Converting, Translating
Date: Sunday, October 22, 2006 10:08 PM

Oops,

I try again with the uploading.

-peter.

customized version of e-xtract.vdm