Topic: paragraph reformating not working? (1 of 5), Read 30 times
Conf: Basic editing, Block operations
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 08:21 AM

To me, it appears that paragraph reformatting is no longer working in version 6.12.1 (05/24/04). I have all the usual options set (enable word wrap (hard cr), a right margin and a left margin, format from begin, and from left,etc), but when I use Edit/formatting/reformat para, it does nothing but move the cursor to the next paragraph.

Perhaps there is something new in the new version and I need to set something else? I use paragraph reformatting A LOT and migrated all my old config and keyboard settings from the previous version, but cannot now get paragraph reformatting to do anything.

I am using Win98, SP2.
Rich

Topic: Re: paragraph reformating not working? (2 of 5), Read 29 times
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 10:14 AM

At 08:22 AM 6/23/2004, you wrote:
>To me, it appears that paragraph reformatting is no longer working in version 6.12.1 (05/24/04).

Rich:

Nothing with regard to paragraph formatting has recently changed. I use this function every day in verion 6.12.1

Ted.

Topic: Re: paragraph reformating not working? (3 of 5), Read 29 times
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 03:17 PM

OK, I'll check out my settings, etc and see what I can find. Thanks!
Rich

Topic: Re: paragraph reformating not working? (4 of 5), Read 28 times
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 08:32 PM

Just want to finish this by reporting back that indeed you are right, Ted, paragraph reformatting is working OK. I should always remember with Win98 - if something is behaving oddly, reboot and the problem may go away. Usually I get enough Win98 crashes that I don't have to deliberately reboot myself, so I'm not used to doing it. ;-)

Topic: Re: paragraph reformating not working? (5 of 5), Read 27 times
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2004 12:28 PM

At 08:32 PM 6/23/2004, you wrote:
>Just want to finish this by reporting back that indeed you are right, Ted, paragraph reformatting is working OK. I should always remember with Win98 - if something is behaving oddly, reboot and the problem may go away. Usually I get enough Win98 crashes that I don't have to deliberately reboot myself, so I'm not used to doing it.

Rich:

Well, I'm glad that is resolved. Strange that a reboot solved it.

Rebooting "solves" many problems with Win 2000/XP too.

Ted.