Topic: Changing display color/highlighting of text? (1 of 5), Read 20 times
Conf: Basic editing, Block operations
Date: Friday, August 06, 2004 09:35 AM

I was wondering if there is any way to change the display color of selected text in a normal text file, effectively highlighting it so it stands out.

Topic: Changing display color/highlighting of text? (2 of 5), Read 16 times
Date: Friday, August 06, 2004 10:08 AM

Never mind. Looks like all I need to do is make a simple syntax highlighting file with [Comment = ~, ~], load it, then delimit what I wanted highlighted with the tilde. That is pretty simple.

If there is any better way, please let me know.

Topic: Re: Changing display color/highlighting of text? (4 of 5), Read 18 times
Date: Friday, August 06, 2004 10:30 AM

At 10:09 AM 8/6/2004, you wrote:
>From: "Gary Darsey"
>
>Never mind. Looks like all I need to do is make a simple syntax highlighting file with [Comment = ~, ~], load it, then delimit what I wanted highlighted with the tilde. That is pretty simple.

If you consider that simple, I'm surprised you didn't disassemble VEDIT and patch the code somewhere. ;-)

That's what we used to do back in the 70's and early 80's to customize a program. :-)

Ted.

Topic: Re: Changing display color/highlighting of text? (3 of 5), Read 19 times
Date: Friday, August 06, 2004 10:28 AM

At 09:35 AM 8/6/2004, you wrote:
>From: "Gary Darsey"
>
>I was wondering if there is any way to change the display color of selected text in a normal text file, effectively highlighting it so it stands out.

Gary:

Yes, change the config menu item {CONFIG, Editing colors, Block highlighting}.

Ted.

Topic: Re: Changing display color/highlighting of text? (5 of 5), Read 19 times
Date: Friday, August 06, 2004 10:47 AM

I was looking for a way to make block highlighting "stick" to certain portions of text, so that when I come back to a file after closing it, the highlighting is still there. Like the highlighting of text in word processor But isn't there only one type of block?

I haven't disassembled VEDIT, just not enough time, and I'm not that good of an assembly language programmer (it is just sort of a hobby of mine). Just kidding.

-Gary