Topic: The latex.vcs file works like a charm in Miktex 2. (1 of 3), Read 31 times, 1 File Attachment
Conf: VEDIT User Applications
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2007 10:41 PM

Hello Fritz,

How are you? Recently, I have upgraded my Miktex to version 2.6. So, I thought to let you know that your latex.vcs file works like a charm.
I have also succeeded in configuring Vedit to be the inerse search editor of the new Yap.

The Miktex 2.6 setup program also gave me glimpse of Texnic, the suggested IDE. When I looked at their Insert Menu, I was wondering whether I have seen something like that before?
Indeed, you texenvir.vdm file is simpler version of theirs.

So, I was wondering whether one could call a Dialog_Input_1 file from another such file. It turned out that this indeed is simple to do. In fact, I have adapted one of your earlier texenvir.vdm file to do exactly that. I called the new file, FH-PR_texenvir.vdm.

I shall try to upload it right now.

A Dialog_Input_1 file that cals othersl

Topic: The latex.vcs file works like a charm in Miktex 2. (2 of 3), Read 30 times
Date: Friday, September 07, 2007 09:17 AM

>So, I was wondering whether
>one could call a
>Dialog_Input_1 file from
>another such file. It turned
>out that this indeed is simple
>to do. In fact, I have adapted
>one of your earlier
>texenvir.vdm file to do
>exactly that. I called the new
>file, FH-PR_texenvir.vdm.

Thank you Peter! I had discussed that possibility with Christian a couple of years ago, but I haven't found time to implement a consistent solution yet. Planning an integrated system of dialog boxes for TeX certainly will take some time ...

Regards,

Fritz

Topic: The latex.vcs file works like a charm in Miktex 2. (3 of 3), Read 19 times
Date: Saturday, September 15, 2007 02:36 PM

On 9/7/2007 9:17:23 AM, Fritz Heberlein wrote:
>>So, I was wondering whether
>>one could call a
>>Dialog_Input_1 file from
>>another such file. It turned
>>out that this indeed is simple
>>to do. In fact, I have adapted
>>one of your earlier
>>texenvir.vdm file to do
>>exactly that. I called the new
>>file, FH-PR_texenvir.vdm.
>
>Thank you Peter! I had
>discussed that possibility
>with Christian a couple of
>years ago, but I haven't found
>time to implement a consistent
>solution yet. Planning an
>integrated system of dialog
>boxes for TeX certainly will
>take some time ...
>
>Regards,
>
>Fritz

Thanks Fritz,

>>So, I was wondering whether
>>one could call a
>>Dialog_Input_1 file from
>>another such file.

I had
>discussed that possibility
>with Christian a couple of
>years ago, but I haven't found
>time to implement a consistent
>solution yet.

I was glad to learn that I have asked a natural question. In fact, this part has nothing to do with MikTeX. I assume that many Vedit users have done the same. It would be nice to hear from them.

I share your feelings about,

Planning an
>integrated system of dialog
>boxes for TeX certainly will
>take some time ...

In fact, I have found several excellent Latex help files on the web, and I certainly do not wish to duplicate them.

At the same time, I find your idea useful for my personal notes. For example, I just learned that the \verb environment can be used to type a "web tilde". Incidentally, how do you typeset a "web tilde" ? May be this was never an issue for you, since you have no interest in a "Math tilde", that is to say a tilde that goes on top of a character to modify that character.

-peter