Attached is the upgrade to Scribe v4.1. You need to have Scribe 4.0 installed to use this upgrade. The zip file only contains the *.vdm and *.txt files. This is so that it is easy to install without concern about overwriting your scribe.ini file or any custom *.vdf files.
- fixed bug: Automode would not work if block was selected from bottom to top
- fixed bug: displaying context of word might fail if not found word was on last line using options 2 or 3 from main menu
- fixed bug: scribe.ini not saved after change to bytype status
- user suggestion: the Scribe folder can now be off the Vedit folder or the user-mac folder see installation instructions in readme.txt file
- user suggestion: the Edit Word option of the Correction Submenu now only adds new word to the user.vdf file if word is not found in all dictionaries of current language
- user suggestion: Scribe allows comments in its VDF dictionary files - see setup.txt
- the vedit.vdf file is now included. Vedit.vdf is a dictionary of Vedit macro commands. Seems reasonable that a spell checker for Vedit to have the option of not flagging its macro commands.
Only the files that have changed say v4.1. This is in the event someone has a problem, it is easy to determine which version of a particular vdm they are using.
As always I appreciate comments, bug reports, and suggestions.
Thank you for trying / using Scribe for your Vedit spell checking needs.