A new VEDIT 6.15 is available at:
www..../download/vpw-prod.exe (Windows only)
www..../download/vpa-prod.exe (Windows and DOS)
(Sorry no ftp site yet.)
Not everything discussed is yet done, but this is done:
* On-line help is complete for everything except ftp/email support. The "Whats New" topic in the on-line help has links to the new sections.
* Installs onto USB drive - this option does not affect the current installation, e.g. it does not change the registry, it DOES NOT create icons to the USB drive.
* The revised DOS version packaging and installation should reduce the number of DOS version problems.
VEDIT now creates the directory %TEMP%\VeditTmp, assuming that %TEMP% exists. This version doesn't yet use it as the default temp directory, but that is the plan.
Still to do before 6.15.1 is finalized:
* Finish on-line help for Ftp/email support.
* Fix some problems in Ftp support
* Fix - Split windows don't work when rulers are enabled.
* Use %TEMP%/VeditTmp as default temp directory
* Setup Registry to delete %TEMP%/VeditTmp directory on next reboot.
I may add Christian's new UTF-8 support.
Thank you all for your feedback.